Job Location: Atlantic Council Headquarters – Washington, DC
Position Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Communications
The Atlantic Council is seeking a talented, dynamic individual to serve as Executive Assistant in the Communications team. Their job is to support the VP of Communications and the Communications team in their progress towards strategic goals by streamlining operations, preparing and helping to achieve efficient decision making, and in coordinating efforts within the team and with other groups.
The Atlantic Council is a busy think tank based in Washington DC, working primarily on foreign affairs. The Communications team supports all of its different programs, providing help on media relations, working on the website and social media, and managing the flow of publications. We are looking for someone to provide administrative support to the Vice President of Communications and the busy team he leads.
The successful candidate will perform a number of administrative tasks, including maintaining the VP’s calendar, managing meetings for the group as a whole, submitting financial reporting, and working with our partners. This position is based in Washington, DC, but may require international travel.
The successful candidate will have a record of administrative support work, an entrepreneurial ethos, and a collegial spirit while also being an effective communicator and enjoying the fast pace of learning and growing in an organization. The ideal candidate will show a strong record of supporting management, excellent administrative and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to execute on multiple priorities at once.
- Responsibility for effective and efficient time management, workflow, and productivity for the VP of Communications and for the team as a whole.
- Manage VP’s calendar, scheduling calls, meetings, and travel;
- Assist in managing relations with other teams and external partners, including vendors
- Support the VP and the team with day-to-day management, including administrative tasks, budgeting, and any other tasks as needed;
- Manage financial and other reporting
- Assist team at annual flagship events, as necessary
- Recruit and coordinate intern work-related activities
- Organize team retreats and other group meetings as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject;
- 1 or more years of relevant work experience in administrative support, project management and/or event coordination;
- Demonstrated ability in management with attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills;
- Self-starter and results-oriented individual who can meet tight deadlines and work in an ever-changing environment;
- Good interpersonal skills, including an ability to work well in a team and to deal effectively with others;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; preferably experience in finance and budgets;
- Willingness and ability to work outside regular hours as necessary, and sometimes travel internationally;
- Interest in international affairs is useful.
ease note: Atlantic Council is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council.