Job Location: Atlantic Council Headquarters – Washington, DC
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Level: Bachelor Degree
Job Category: Executive Office
The Atlantic Council’s seeks a smart, organized, internationally experienced executive assistant with a proven record of efficiency, task-management and results orientation. This individual will have the composure and focus to play a key role as the right hand to the President and CEO of one of America’s leading international policy organizations.
Proven skills required include strong writing, editing and communication skills; appointment scheduling, travel organization, office management and high-level administrative skills as required by a fast-paced executive office. Non-English language ability and previous experience living and working in international environments are a significant plus.
The successful candidate will be emotionally intelligent, discreet, collegial, engaging, reliable, and exceptionally organized. The candidate will have a deep knowledge of, and interest in, international relations. German language fluency an advantage.
Successful previous EAs to the President and CEO have found the experience opened the way to significant careers, including top-five law school and international law; top five MBA school and international hedge fund; significant USG positions; international business, among others.
- Organize executive schedule and travel, domestic and international.
- Coordinate management lunches, dinners, and meetings.
- Manage CEO’s agenda so that meetings are well-prepared and on schedule.
- Track CEO projects and help prioritize action items.
- Coordinate with Office of External Relations on board and development activities.
- Serve as CEO liaison for internal and external offices.
- Draft, edit, and proofread correspondence.
- Organize and consolidate briefing material for meetings and public appearances.
- Maintain filing system, both physical and digital. Maintain contacts database.
- BA or MA in international relations, business, journalism or related field;
- Three years or more of relevant office work experience;
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to edit and to write quickly and clearly;
- Positive, flexible, get-it-done attitude;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, often changing environment;
- Ability to work independently and within a team across the organization.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office; and superior internet skills
- Proven experience in executive office operations;
- Professional presence, including effectively interfacing w/ senior government and business leaders;
- Multi-cultural experience, background and interest in international affairs and policy preferred;
- Willingness and ability to work on late evenings or weekends, as required;
- Non-English language fluency helpful;
The position is located in Washington, DC, and requires participation in evening events and weekend events and occasional international travel.
Please note: Atlantic Council is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council.